Autor Thema: MSTEIDEM (Mega STe IDE Memory)  (Gelesen 5895 mal)

Offline FrederickMeißner

• Atari Fanboy
  • Benutzer
  • N/|\2d
MSTEIDEM (Mega STe IDE Memory)
« am: Mo 02.05.2011, 20:38:39 »
Hat jemand Ahnung was daraus geworden ist?
ragnar76 hatte ihn angeschrieben, er hat sich nie gemeldet...

Zitat
   512KB flash ROM allowing dual-TOS or cartridge operation. Here are the possibilities :

256K TOS 2.06 + 192K TOS 1.X
         256K TOS 2.06 + 128K cartridge (where you can put 128K of your favourite software)
         448K alternative OS (like Emutos for which an IDE driver needs to be written from scratch)

in any case, a 64K area is reserved for a BIOS-like bootloader

ATA-IDE interface suitable for silent Compact flash cards as well as conventionnal harddisks.
    memory upgrade (Alternate Fast-Ram at 8 and 16MHz) up to 11Mb on top of ST-RAM

on a MEGA STE, the card takes the place of the PLCC-socketed 68000 microprocessor. The installation requires 5 wires to be soldered to the motherboard (3 to the cache chips, 1 to the hard disk for IDE interrupt,  1 to pickup a 32MHz clock). No cut in the mainboard, the upgrade can be removed at any time.

http://stlabs.free.fr/stidem.html

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
  • Mein Atari erinnert mich an die gute alte Zeit..
Re: MSTEIDEM (Mega STe IDE Memory)
« Antwort #1 am: Mo 02.05.2011, 21:33:38 »
Ende 2009 Anfang 2010 hat er an der TT-Erweiterung gearbeitet:

Zitat
Sorry for the late answer, the projects are not dead, but I currently have to time and no space to work on them, maybe in 2010 !I have a mostly finished new PCB for the ttramide (there was a problem with the case of the computer when closing it)

Zur  MSTEIDEM meinte er:

Zitat
msteidem had some instabilities due to the socketed cpu adaptor and because of my agressive logic timings to gain speed

Offline ragnar76

• Benutzer
Re: MSTEIDEM (Mega STe IDE Memory)
« Antwort #2 am: Mo 02.05.2011, 23:12:59 »
Ganz ehrlich? Mir ist das sch...egal ob die rams 1 oder 2 ms langsamer laufen.