Autor Thema: suska-iii-b owners?  (Gelesen 957 mal)

Offline xchris

• Neuer Benutzer lebt
suska-iii-b owners?
« am: Di 13.09.2022, 19:09:13 »
Hello!

A friend suggested to me this forum as there would be suska users here, I am looking for suska-iii-b owners, as I have some issues with this device.

First of all the EmuTOS does not seem to work properly there , boots without "boot screen" (drives/time info)  -just a white one - and even then sometimes the desktop is empty (no drive icons) and I need to reboot again - tested with 68000 core - EmuTOS 1.2.1/1.0.1/0.9.11/0.9.12 256K ROMs padded with "FF" as 512K
The EmuTOS worked well when using older core but the video output has issues.

RTC not working, tried some clock setting apps but in vain.

BTW looks like the "STE" compatibility of this is LOW, even the mouse stuck on top of Desktop sometimes, TOS 2.06 4 bombs on boot ,etc

cheers

chris
« Letzte Änderung: Mi 14.09.2022, 00:53:19 von xchris »

Offline tuxie

• Benutzer
  • Falcon! Milan! Schuetzt die Raubvoegel!
Re: suska-iii-b owners?
« Antwort #1 am: Mi 14.09.2022, 08:55:48 »
Hello,

maybe the creator @wfoerster could help!! He is a member of this forum.

Regards
Tschau Ingo

Offline xchris

• Neuer Benutzer lebt
« Antwort #2 am: Mi 14.09.2022, 09:46:08 »
Thanks, I am in contact by email with him, he replied to me that EmuTOS works fine on the suska-III-b,  so I am curious if any other owner of III-b is here , maybe is software issue -from the Atari part.

thanks!

Offline czietz

• Benutzer
« Antwort #3 am: Mi 14.09.2022, 11:07:00 »
@udo is also quite active with the Suskas, AFAIK.

Offline xchris

• Neuer Benutzer lebt
« Antwort #4 am: Mi 14.09.2022, 11:21:58 »
cheers, for this, I know he is / was involved with the firmware and I sent him a PM, no issues to continue any chat with him on public on the forum for the benefit of the project.

This board - or better the "core" has bugs  like  joystick port is problematic, when you press a button , it stucks on the "left" movement - not a problem with my joypads/joysticks , it is clearly something mismatched on the code of the "core".

May I say thanks to the community here for accepting my posts, I understand it is a German language forum, but as I wrote above a friend of mine suggested it to me as he though most of the suska users are in Germany or so, I am a bit lost with this, as the operation model is way different than other FPGAs , I understand that there would be some "teething troubles", but wait this is a project since mid 2000s should not be any "teething troubles" like eg the joystick issue , or why the mouse sometimes stuck on the top of the screen (tested with different PS/2 mice as well)

regards

chris

Offline czietz

• Benutzer
« Antwort #5 am: Do 15.09.2022, 16:46:55 »
While I cannot help with your specific problem (or the Suska in general), I can add that Wolfgang was extremely helpful when I initially had problems with the Gigafile - that turned out to be caused by poor quality no-name SD cards. We jointly identified the issue and he even wrote a firmware to better support these SD cards. Thus, I have nothing but praise for Inventronik's/Wolfgang's customer support!

Offline xchris

• Neuer Benutzer lebt
« Antwort #6 am: Fr 16.09.2022, 13:07:11 »
some update, Suska returned back, I bet Wolfgang will find what was wrong with that.