Autor Thema: Has anybody gotten Contiki to work on the ST?  (Gelesen 2182 mal)

Offline mrdweeb

• Benutzer
Has anybody gotten Contiki to work on the ST?
« am: Mo 29.06.2020, 20:28:41 »
I've been using Contiki on my C64 with a 64NIC and it works great for telnet, web browsing :) etc. I found a port on this site for the ST, but can't get it to work. I have the netusbee.

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
  • Mein Atari erinnert mich an die gute alte Zeit..
Re: Has anybody gotten Contiki to work on the ST?
« Antwort #1 am: Mo 29.06.2020, 20:52:56 »
I found a port on this site for the ST, but can't get it to work. I have the netusbee.

Please post the link so we can look and help.

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
« Antwort #2 am: Di 30.06.2020, 01:15:03 »
It seems that the Contiki Atari port is an older Contiki version which only supports RS232 as network device.

Offline mrdweeb

• Benutzer
« Antwort #3 am: Di 30.06.2020, 01:49:08 »
Sorry, I may have gotten the file from this thread
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27993&p=276124&hilit=contiki#p276124
Also, how would I get online using rs232? Sorry I'm so ignorant about networking.

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
« Antwort #4 am: Di 30.06.2020, 10:03:20 »
Excuse me, there are some ways to communicate via RS232 with an external pimodem (from @SolderGirl ), or via null modem cable or RS232-WLan adapter (to rebuild from @czietz ) for example with the internet. But if and how it works with Contiki... I have no idea.

Offline SolderGirl

• Benutzer
« Antwort #5 am: Di 30.06.2020, 16:50:06 »
Depends on what you want to do.
Transfer files? Check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_28LFmyKoQc
Direct internet connection? Try STiNG TCP/IP Stack.
I don't think there is a telnet<->serial driver available for telnet BBS's, but i might be wrong.
Since i use the PiModem, i have not searched very far.

Offline Thorsten Otto

• Benutzer
« Antwort #6 am: Di 30.06.2020, 17:11:36 »
Try STiNG TCP/IP Stack.

Nice try, wonder how you expect that to work on Contiki ;)

Zitat
I don't think there is a telnet<->serial driver available for telnet BBS's, but i might be wrong.

there is, just search for "tcpser". You run it on a different PC, that is connected to the Atari via Nullmodem, and then connects to some BBS that accepts connections via Telnet. But this is just suitable to connect to such BBS, it is not a general TCP/IP converter.

Offline SolderGirl

• Benutzer
« Antwort #7 am: Di 30.06.2020, 17:19:15 »
Nice try, wonder how you expect that to work on Contiki ;)
Of course it would run on TOS, not Contiki.
But from the initial Post, i guess @mrdweeb is just looking for a way to get his ST online. And STiNG would do that

there is, just search for "tcpser". You run it on a different PC, that is connected to the Atari via Nullmodem, and then connects to some BBS that accepts connections via Telnet. But this is just suitable to connect to such BBS, it is not a general TCP/IP converter.
That is what the PiModem uses. But is there something that runs natively on TOS?
On DOS/PC there is rlfossil, that emulates a serial port over telnet via ethernet. But i don't think you can use a BBS Terminal software to connect to telnet BBS over the netUSBee directly.

Offline Thorsten Otto

• Benutzer
« Antwort #8 am: Di 30.06.2020, 18:51:24 »
i guess @mrdweeb is just looking for a way to get his ST online. And STiNG would do that

from what i understand, he is specifally looking for a way to get Contiki online, and the rs232 is the only interface supported there. For TOS, there are other options than using a serial interface.

Zitat
But i don't think you can use a BBS Terminal software to connect to telnet BBS over the netUSBee directly.

I never tried, but that program just encapsulates the data into telnet protocol. That probably means you can connect to anything that has a telnet server running.

Offline mrdweeb

• Benutzer
« Antwort #9 am: Di 30.06.2020, 23:39:23 »
Very interesting discussion. Thanks for all the information. I will let you know of any success.