Autor Thema: Looking for a person who repairs SF-314  (Gelesen 2255 mal)

Offline david_ooo

• Benutzer
Looking for a person who repairs SF-314
« am: Mi 26.06.2019, 17:16:15 »
Hello,

I am looking for someone who can repair my floppy drive SF-314 (version with long eject button, red LED).
The problem is, that LED lights all the time (but only if I power up my ST). When I try in TOS double click on A: I hear that head is moving, but it doesn't read the disk. It also cannot format. If someone wants to help me and earn some €, please drop the message.

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
  • Mein Atari erinnert mich an die gute alte Zeit..
Re: Looking for a person who repairs SF-314
« Antwort #1 am: Do 27.06.2019, 11:20:10 »
Hello @david_ooo, have you tested the floppy drive on other Ataris as well? Has it worked for you before or did it arrive defective? I'm asking because the LED on internal floppy drives always lights up when the 34pin Shugart plug is plugged in turned by 180degrees. 

Offline david_ooo

• Benutzer
« Antwort #2 am: Di 02.07.2019, 23:10:26 »
Hello Arthur. Thanks for your reply. I have checked on my second 520ST - the same issue. I am the second owner. The first one didn't used it for a long time and I don't think so that he has ever dissembled the SF314 itself. Therefore in my opinion the floppy is in the "original" state. For your information, I have connected mine second SF314 (version with a short eject button and a green LED) to this faulty drive and it works fine under TOS as a B: drive. The faulty A: drive still doesn't read anything and LED lights on.
If it is not simply to repair I am wondering to buy a 1040ST with long eject button, but I see that there is no LED next to eject button. Does it mean that these models have only LED on the top cover on Atari? If they do, so what about looking for Mega ST which has an LED on the front panel? I am thinking about buying it and replace the floppy drive with mine from SF314.

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
« Antwort #3 am: Mi 03.07.2019, 11:42:28 »
Hey David, I think that the drives of the 1040s also have an internal LED. Atari just doesn't have an opening in the case for it. Maybe someone can confirm that here.

Offline alers

• Benutzer
« Antwort #4 am: Mi 03.07.2019, 13:32:41 »
Confirmation.
I saw some drives, where the led is inside, some of them one of the both legs where cut off by manufaction! some didn't have an opening, some did. very strange the fdd-policy beside atari...
CU AleX

---

afk & #IaM

Offline TPAU

• Benutzer
  • Atari-Fan der ersten Stunde! ;-)
« Antwort #5 am: Mi 03.07.2019, 20:00:40 »
Confirm.
This is my 1040STF Drive from Mitsumi. You can see the LED in that hole.
Not sure if it works though.

Offline david_ooo

• Benutzer
« Antwort #6 am: Do 04.07.2019, 17:23:32 »
Yeah, this is what I am looking. Does the LED blink when it reads/writes?  But unfortunately I have version of a floppy drive with the long eject button...

Offline Arthur

• Benutzer
« Antwort #7 am: Do 04.07.2019, 18:19:10 »
Yeah, this is what I am looking. Does the LED blink when it reads/writes?

Yes

But unfortunately I have version of a floppy drive with the long eject button...

I think all Atari-Drives has LEDs.

Offline david_ooo

• Benutzer
« Antwort #8 am: Fr 05.07.2019, 15:37:16 »
Perfect. Then I have to look for an ST with red LED drive. Then just replace it with mine SF314. I hope that will work.
BTW I am still looking for someone who can repair it.